THE DECISION PROCESS
Below is an example of the correct steps to be followed in icing conditions.
- Advise Flight Attendants prior that de-icing will take place
- Advise passengers via PA that de-icing will take place
- Review Airport data and de/anti-icing frequency
- Any special procedures ? Is Engine on procedure approved?
- Check fluid type available
AIRCRAFT PREPARED FOR SPRAYING- Inform ground crew
UPON COMPLETION OF SPRAYING OPERATION
1. Approximately 1 minute after completion of de-icing restore engine and APU bleed and pack operation.
NORMAL PROCEDURE …. RESUME.